Cover Letter Help
- Directly address the manager in your cover letter if you know his/her name. For example, "Dear Ms. Thompson,".
- Do your homework and research the company you are applying to in order to write a better, quality cover letter.
- Tailor your letter each time you apply to a different company to focus your skills according to the employers' needs.
- Leave space to sign your name at the bottom of the letter if you're mailing it. Use black or blue ink.
- Use the same professional type of paper as your resume. This can be purchased at Office Depot. Read
if you have not done so.
- Make your cover letter longer than one page. Even for a top executive, it's unacceptable.
- Have more than 3-4 paragraphs.
- Color your font or use a fancy type of font. Font size 12 is the largest that you should use.
- Give your life story. This is not an autobiography. It is a simple letter to introduce yourself with your resume.
Sign for our Hire Me E-Letter for special updates and
even more job searching tips only for subscribers!
Next, view some samples after
this cover letter help guide.
Or back to main cover letter page.