Interview Questions to Ask
You always want to show interest by asking your own questions at the end of a job interview. Here are some top interview questions to ask the employer:
- What are the challenges in this position?
- How many employees work for this company and department?
- How is performance evaluated on the job?
- How would you describe a typical day on the job?
- How does the orientation or training process go on the first day?
- Who will I report to in this position?
- Are there any immediate tasks that need to get done once hired?
- What are the goals you want accomplished in this job?
- Is this a brand new position?
- May I ask why the last person in this position left?
Questions to NOT Ask:
- What are the discounts? This is sometimes assumed as a selfish question. You don't want to come across for only wanting to work at a firm just for the benefits.
- Where are your stores located? This is part of why doing your research is important. Asking this will simply show you didn't do your homework.
- How much is the pay? No matter what, your salary should never be discuss until they actually offer you the job.
While preparing your interview questions to ask,
review the rest of the interview process.