Sr. Network Administrator
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The largest, most successful, global companies trust this technology business to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery,
serving millions of users worldwide.
The network engineer position is
responsible for configuration, monitoring and evaluating performance of networks spanning multiple colocation facilities, and in
the cloud. The production network is comprised of multiple
high bandwidth external links and hundreds of nodes on numerous internal
networks. The engineer would need to configure Cisco routers, Netscreen
firewalls, Juniper routers and Firewalls and F5 Server Load Balancers,
perform periodic failover testing and proactive monitoring. Knowledge of
BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPSec is required. The successful candidate will have
experience with Microsoft Azure cloud networking and with IPv6. The
candidate will also be required to closely interface with other
development teams to leverage their platforms in delivering a complete
solution. Experience with TCP/IP networks, intrusion detection systems,
stateful packet inspection is a requirement. Experience with
Python/PERL/Expect/Ansible/Puppet, apache and web services is a plus.
Required to be strong technically and able to perform ‘hands on’ tasks
independently. The ideal candidate is familiar with information security
policies and best practices. Keeps abreast of current security threats
and monitors websites such as http://www.darkreading.com and
and Administration of high-performance production LAN/WAN computing
environments consisting of Cisco, Juniper, Dell, and Brocade network
- Design and document information security practices
that will harden the production environment and ensure security audits
and certifications are completed without incident
- Audit for single points of failures at every level in the service delivery path, and take remediation
- Create and update network diagrams as needed
- Ensure redundancy and reliability of Kollective production, corporate, and development networks
- Occasional night and weekend work will be required
- Sizing, ordering and installation of network and server hardware
- Develop automation tools for monitoring and troubleshooting the network environment
- Education: Typically requires a BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Industry Experience: 4 -7 years in network administration and design.
- Cyber security experience
- Strong knowledge of data networks fundamentals.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring load balancers like F5.
- Strong automation/scripting skills (Python,Ansible,Shell etc).
- Experience with Rancid, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet and routing protocols (BGP).
- Experience with many varieties of network hardware.
- Technical knowledge of Linux and Windows Server.
Skills: Good oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate
with customers on technical and non-technical issues.
Management: Able to manage projects from planning stage to completion.
Can handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
possess a ‘customer support’ attitude containing skills such as being
responsive to customer requirements and the ability to work
Interested? Send your resume!